Tuesday 17 May 2011

Summer on a Plate!

This is just a short note, an introduction, so to speak! I love food!!! My influences in the kitchen come from  varied sources, including learning to cook on a wood-stove at an early age, a two year stint in Germany, a job as an assistant head cook at a little German Delicacy Cafe in Canada, and couple of Head Cook Jobs at Camps and Retreat Centers! I also love to write and while I have been mulling over the idea of starting a blog I reached an epiphany the other day as I realized why not blog about food! I have been in such a rut of Kraft Dinner, Frozen Pizza, and Canned Soup that I have been going crazy and every night is a constant battle between me and my husband as we wrestle with the never ending question of,  "What to eat?". Hopefully, this will soon come to an end! 

The first meal I would like to share with you is "simply scrumptious"! Note that there are no quantities heehee some things are meant to be sacred!  Plus, if you are brave, just cook by feel and you will have no problem replicating most of the recipes that I share!

Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella in Milk, and Basil
What you need:
Firm Roma Tomatoes
Fresh Mozzarella in Milk
Fresh Basil
Balsamic Vinegar
Olive Oil
Sour Dough Baguette for dipping


I've had this now two days in row for lunch...it really makes you feel wonderful to eat such a simple healthy meal...plus its really pretty! A friend of mine commented that for someone who lived in Germany, I do Italy really well ;) I had to giggle because it was in Germany where I was first introduced to this taste sensation! Guten Appetit!

3 comments: